Thursday, November 18, 2010

Final Blog Post

So for our last blog, comparing two classmates blogs, I decided to focus on week 9's survey blogs.  My group and I researched surveys and did a power point presentation, so I wanted to see how they learned from it.

The first blog I looked at was Sacha's, that focused on survey in PR Non-profit.  Currently, I am taking PR Non-profit and this is something that we haven't gone over yet.  Sasha brings up a good question, "How can non-profits, then, who are not as successful improve their skills so they can better help the community?"  A survey has been conducted over the last six of seven years, which is something I wouldn't think to do, but now know how essential it is.

The second blog I looked at was Kelley McDonough's.  I also focused on week 9's survey post, but it intrigued me because she raised the question, "I wonder if they would be the best method to research and analyze ethics."  Ethics is a large part of the pr world, so how exactly do you measure "ethics"?  She goes on to say she doesn't think this is the best method because people wouldn't answer the questions honestly and I have to agree with her.  Like she says, surveys are important, but not if they are used incorrectly.

Before taking this class, I had never blogged or ever really followed a blog.  It has enhanced my knowledge and with technology advancing, I know this is something that will help me in the pr world.

No comments:

Post a Comment