Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blog 4: Commenting on 2 classmates blogs

My blog focuses solely on the sports industry in the public relations world, but this week I want to take a look at the different aspects of pr.  I wanted to compare my blog to another student that has a different focus and one student that has a similar focus (of sports).

The first blog I enjoyed reading was Blains blog about research results in the media.  It makes sense that research would be an important aspect of the media, but I never put too much thought into it.  With television it's so essential to research what is working and what isn't in order for a television show to succeed.  I thought the example of "The Hills" was perfect because it showed how successful a television show could be, when the viewers were manipulated into thinking it was real.  I think with these research results, they can use them to produce more successful shows.

The second blog I took a look at was from the second week about ethics in public relations.  Andrews blog also focuses on the sports industry, mainly baseball, so I thought it would be a good idea to compare ours and to see if there was anything I could take from his blog and use towards mine.  I liked how he focused on PED's or steroids because that is the number one problem relating to ethics in public relations.  He compared two different baseball players who were on steroids that handled the situation completely different.  Andy Pettitte came right out and addressed that he did take performance enhancing drugs and the situation was dropped shortly after.  Roger Clemens, though, denied the reports and is still dealing with the repercussions.  This was similar to my blog because Michael Vick also denied the allegations of dog fighting and people still talk about this issue whenever his name comes up.

In reading other classmates blogs, I was able to take away new ideas for future blog postings.  I also liked learning about the different industries pr deals with and how each student has a different interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment